Get a Job Through MC-Germantown’s Job Fair
Montgomery College is holding a job fair Tuesday, April 16, 2013, from 10 am to 1 pm in Globe Hall. Thirty-six employers are expected.
Here are some tips to prepare:
- Research the companies and jobs available
- Dress as if it’s an interview
- Bring plenty of resumes.
And then when you arrive:
- When visiting each table you’re interested in, introduce yourself
- Be flexible with the career opportunities available,
- Be patient–expect to call them maybe a week after initial contact.
- Ask for a business card so you can get in contact with these employers.
- Follow up with a letter or phone call to all recruiters for those you may or may not be interested in working for.
If you need help with your resume or want to practice interviewing, make an appointment with Pat McGlone in room SA172. You may also make an appointment by calling her at 240-567-1970 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full list of employers visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/ejobs.
Leave a Comment